Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Life By the Sea

Having spent a lot of time on the beach growing up, I've developed a love for places by the sea. Luckily for me, Southeast Asia has a lot to offer when it comes to sandy shores and beautiful water. Vietnam is no exception.

I had the pleasure of exploring various parts of Vietnam's vast shoreline during my visit to the country. I sailed on a junk boat through Halong Bay, went snorkeling in the waters surrounding Cham Island, drove along the shores of Danang and had the pleasure of spending time in Mui Ne and it's incredible Sand Dunes. I skipped Nha Trang for my hatred of big partying groups of tourists.

 Mui Ne is Vietnam's unofficial water sports capital and up-and-coming beach destination. The sand here is clean and the water is warm. Strong winds come in off the sea, which makes Mui Ne perfect for wind and kite surfing. We didn't have time to kite surf so we lounged on the beach, ate seafood and had an effing blast on an ATV in Mui Ne's otherworldly sand dunes.





 






No comments:

Post a Comment