Thursday, January 20, 2011

I've Got a Golden Ticket

I didn't realize how cool it is to be a member of the press until yesterday. At first I was a bit timid about flashing my press badge to security guards and show coordinators for reasons I can't really explain. Perhaps it was because all the photographers and journalist happen to be very serious-looking older chinese men who look down on silly little "reporters" such as myself. Whatever the case, I put my fears aside yesterday and discovered the wonders of the Press Badge. Oh yes, and how splendid they are.

One show was particularly full and reserved for VIPs so I walked over to the photographers at the end of the runway, looked around for any suspicious people, found none and parked myself right in front.I prepared my camera (obviously trying to look as professional as possible)and got ready for the close up action. Needless to say, my seat at the show was unbeatable.

Soon after I was showing off my badge and semi-pro camera like nobody's business. "Press?" one girl asked. "Yeah," I replied, all to proud of myself. "Right this way," she replied. I got to the line!! She then told me about the press release cocktail party.

I was thinking of my beloved Hunter S. the entire time. Its no wonder he got himself into such trouble. Not that I got into any or that I even come close to his legendary status, but still.

Anyways, special shout out to Runway Passport and Liz. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment